Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Birthday Celebration

Hello there my Friends!  May 14 was my Birthday and it was a great day of celebration for me!  I wanted to share with you my day.....

First of all, I usually have a my vlogging camera with me at all times and wouldn't you know, I changed my handbag for the day and forgot to bring it!  Bummer!  Anyway, our plan was to go to a quaint restaurant up on what we call Mt, Washington. Mt. Washington for those of you that do not know is a town within our City. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Washington_%28Pittsburgh%29
We had planned on going to The Georgetown Inn http://www.georgetowneinn.net/ for lunch but things did not work out.  Usually we call ahead but Jimi and I figured that they would be open for lunch on a weekday. So.....we paid $10 to park, walked across the street to the restaurant and found out that they did not open until 5pm. Ok, we thought...change of plans....we would ride the Duquesne Incline round trip and then head back to our town to eat.  The plan was to see a movie later.
Since I did not have my camera, I took a few photo's from my cell phone.






In the building where you enter the incline car, they had one of those penny impression machines that presses your penny into a design.  we made a couple of those for keepsakes.   It was so much fun to ride the incline, we have not done that in years!!!
Heading back to our town...it was getting late so we grabbed a quick bite to eat....at Arby's...Hahaha, quite different from the original plan I'd say; but we were so hungry at this time,  the food tasted sooooo good!
Next off to the movie I had been wanting to see.....The Great Gatsby!!!! OMG!!! I can not begin to tell you how much I enjoyed every part of this movie!!!! Go see it if you have not already!  It is soooooo good!  Well, I do adore Leonardo DeCaprio!!! That had something to do with it!  Regardless, It is really a great movie http://thegreatgatsby.warnerbros.com/
If you go to see it, please let me lnow what you think!!! By the way, I must mention, for those of you that know me or follow me, you guessed it....I totally enjoyed and once again, hogged the popcorn!!!! LOL!
On the way home, Jimi and I were listening to an unfinished version to the original song "Mysterious Origin" that I wrote and we are working on in the studio.  The song would have been a perfect fit for this move...the lyrics could pertain both to Jay Gatsby and to Daisy...Ahhhhh if only we had been able to submit it to the Movie Producers...Oh well, it will be done soon.  Hopefully it will be one of those songs that people can not forget....I am thinking..."This is what you need!"

Much Love,
♥♥♥
Milady Leela

Red Lobster Gift Card - $25 - Food Gift Cards (Google Affiliate Ad)
Olive Garden $25 Gift Card - Corporate Gifts (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment