Thursday, August 18, 2011

Making Pies

Today I have been catching up on a few things around my house and doing some stuff for Our Band. One of the things that I have been working on in addition to the above is I have been making pies....miniature pies that is.

I love all things miniature. There is something so sweet about them. Also, I made myself a fabulous lunch. We were gifted the most Beautiful eggplant and a few other goodies.

No one else but me and my daughter's like eggplant so I made some for lunch. It is breaded and fried in olive oil to the greatest perfection then drizzled with a vidalia onion vinagarette. I had a little bit of chicken left over from the other night so I included that with my yummy eggplant.

Here is my recipe for Fried Eggplant:

Cut and slice eggplant to the desired liking. I like mine to be about 1/4 inch.
Dip into an egg mixture (1 egg and a bit of water or milk) I used water this time.
Next dip into breadcrumbs(I found Parmesan Breadcrumbs by Progresso...so good!)
Put olive oil in pan and be generous but not too much that the eggplant will be swimming in it.
Heat up the pan until oil is super hot.
Carefully place the eggplant pieces into the oil and cook until crispy on both sides.
Drizzle with vidalia Vinagarette and serve.

Let me know if you try this recipe or have one to share.

Much Love,

♥♥♥


Milady Leela

P.S. I will be back next with a collection of themed pictures as promised.



No comments:

Post a Comment