Monday, October 14, 2013

Kitchen Spells...An Herbal Cold and Sinus Remedy

Hello There Friends,  Seems like I had mentioned earlier that I had a couple of "Kitchen Spells" in the works.
Well, as of late, I have been dealing with a chest cold that has now migrated into my sinus'.  I am finally starting to feel better but still it is not completely gone.  In addition to all the usual...rest, fluids and vitamin C, I concocted an Herbal recipe to help in my healing.  I have a vintage potpourri simmer pot that was gifted to me by my step-mom...this little treasure was the perfect vessel to use for this "kitchen Spell"!  So with that being said, I will share my recipe with you.


 ~Herbal Sinus Healer and Cold Remedy
A Kitchen Spell by Dena K. Miller


Ingredients as follows:
1/4 cup of of warm water
2 sprinkles of dried Thyme
1/2 tsp of lemon rind
3 leaves of fresh or dried eucalyptus leaves
a small pinch of fresh or dried mint leaves
6 drops of lemon essential oil
6 drops of peppermint essential oil
6 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
1 unscented tea light candle


How To:
Place all ingredients in the order listed into the potpourri simmer pot.
Place a tea light candle in bottom of simmer pot base.
*a green, blue or white candle is best for this purpose but you can use any color you have as long as it is unscented..
Light your candle and wait for the concoction to heat and simmer.
Next breath in the aroma of the simmer pot several times taking deep and cleansing breaths. 
Allow the ingredients to continue simmering until the water has evaporated or your candle has burned out.  If your water has evaporated before your candle burns out, add more water to the simmer pot.
It is important to let the candle burn out on it's own so make sure to allow time for this.

I hope that you are able to make it through the changing season without catching a cold, but if you do, give this a try.  It is truly very healing!


Much Love,
♥♥♥
Milady Leela




No comments:

Post a Comment