Thursday, November 14, 2013

Organic Herbal Hanging Pots

Hello my Friends,

I am so excited to share with you something I have come up with to use as a natural and organic way to scent and strengthen your. home  I love creating ways to use natural things into something that can serve a purpose for adding contentment to your spirit.

I recently purchased beautiful lemons at my local market.

  I love using fresh lemon in my teas and also in my home-made salad dressing which btw, I have a great recipe for.  Let me know if you want it and I will be glad to share it.  Perhaps a "Kitchen Spell" post!  Ah yes, just let me know.
Anyway, the other night, I made salad dressing and saved the lemon halves to make Organic Hanging Pots for an Herbal Blend that I am preparing..



My Herbal Blend will be available for purchase in my Etsy Shoppe soon.  It will have a mixture of several amazing herbs and spices, perfect for the Holidays but also perfect for year round enjoyment. 
To make your own Organic Herbal Hanging Pot, simply cut a lemon in half. Squeeze out the juice using a juicer.  I prefer using a juicer because it keeps the shape of the lemon and creates the perfect pot. Save the juice for your tea or a recipe you may have.
Next, take a tooth pick and poke holes on either side of each lemon halve.  Now cut a piece of string, twine or thin ribbon and insert through the holes.  Tie a not to secure. I prefer using twine or string as it adss to the natural properties of the finished product. You can now hang your lemon pot up to dry. it will take several days to dry out.

You will know when it is ready to fill as it will be solid.


I will be filling mine with a very special herbal blend but you can fill yours with anything you wish.  How about some bird seed to feed the birds through the cold winter season or perhaps some potpourri?
Have fun with this idea...it is truly special!
Before I go, I want to share a photograph of my Dad and Step-Mom's lemon tree which beautifully grows at their home in Florida.
How magical is that? 

I would love to hear from you if you decide to give this idea a try...I know you will love it♥


Many Blessings and Much Love,
♥♥♥
Milady Leela



4 comments:

  1. That's a great idea. Something to try to make the place smell comfy and warm on these late Autumn evenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shell...yes, I think you would enjoy it...let me know if you try it. You could also use oranges or grapefruits to make the basket. There are so many options.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I will definitely do it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elena,
      Thanks so much! It was a fun project and is perfect to put out in the winter time for the birds or for any herbal creations you come up with!
      Let me know how yours turn out.
      Blessings,
      Dena

      Delete