Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday and Some Pretty Hand Dyed Papers

Today is Tutorial Tuesday and so... I have a video to share and a DIY on how to create pretty hand dyed papers. The video below is an easy tutorial on how to create an updo for styling your hair. I would like to mention how I really enjoy making videos for you all and sharing my knowledge and ideas. Please let me know what you think of them by leaving me your comments, that would make me smile!



I also wanted to share this easy DIY with you on how to create pretty hand dyed papers. Since Easter was just here, I colored eggs and had left over dye.


I thought it would be fun to create colorful papers by using the left over dye. It is important to use a thin paper for this to work well so I chose to use coffee filters.
I really like the way the paper picks up the dye and I also think that the circular shape makes for an interesting look. All you have to do is place the coffee filters into the cups filled with the left over dye. Let them soak for about a minute and then take them out of the dye. Now drain them on a paper towel.


After they have drained for a bit, hang them to air dry. I use clothes pins.

When dry, you have a lovely assortment of pretty hand dyed papers.
You can use these colorful papers to make flowers, write notes, wrap small gifts or anything else you can think of. Give it a try...let me know what you have decided to do with your pretty papers.

Much Love,
♥♥♥
Milady Leela

No comments:

Post a Comment